Navagraha temple tour package is among the famous tour packages that we offer. The Navagraha trip is a 2 day tour to the Navagraha historic temples in Tamil Nadu.
Navagraha temples are historic temples all about the 9(nava) most important celestial bodies (Grahas) of Hindu astronomy. All these celestial bodies are known as Surya(Sun), Chandra(Moon), Chevaai/Mangal(Mars), Budhan(Mercury), Guru/Brihaspati(Jupiter), Shukra(Venus), Shani(Saturn), Rahu(North Lunar Node) and also Ketu(South Lunar Node).
The group of Navagraha Historic temples were established at the time of the Chola dynasty and they are close to Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu. Each and every temple is situated in a completely different village. Each one of these historic temples is believed an abode of one of the Navagrahams. But, the most of these historic temples are dedicated to Shiva. The Surya temple is the only a single devoted to the Graham. The Surya temple was constructed around the 11th or 12th century C.E. The some other historic temples were constructed much earlier, ranging back to 7th-9th century.
- Surya Navagrahastalam - Tirumangalakkudi(or)Sooriyanar Kovil
- Chandra Navagrahastalam - Tingaloor
- Angaarakan Navagrahastalam - Puttirukku Velur-(or) Vaitheeswaran Kovil
- Budha Navagrahastalam - Tiruvenkaadu
- Guru Navagrahastalam - Aalangudi
- Sukra Navagrahastalam - Kanjanoor
- Shani Navagrahastalam - Tirunallar
- Raahu Navagrahastalam - Tirunageswaram
- Ketu Navagrahastalam - Keezhperumpallam